• Closing went smoothly Wednesday. I received the equity check from the previous house the night before closing, so I had enough money. I had borrowed some money from my mother in case this check didn’t come in time.
• After closing, I went to the Shakopee government center. One stop shopping. I was able to homestead the house, register to vote, and renew my drivers license with the new address.
• That evening, I drove out to visit my sister. We then drove together to visit my mom. I also dropped off a check for the money I borrowed.
• Went to the Little Canada condo to pack enough stuff, including bedding and the inflatable mattress, for “camping” at the new house. I spent the night at the new house. The movers and the cable install guy were scheduled to show up at 9 AM. I didn’t want to do the 45 minute drive in the morning.
• At night, relative to the previous places I have lived, it is more quiet and darker. This is a good thing, but may take some getting used to.
• The moving truck arrived around 9:30 AM Thursday. The cable guy came at 10:30 AM. Cable guy got me going for cable TV and internet, but he just lay the cable on my lawn. I have no idea if someone is scheduled to drop by and hang the wire or bury it later. Probably should make a call on that. The movers had a lot of work to do, they left around 2:30 PM.
• Called the electric company. According to the operator, my power was scheduled to be disconnected that day. After the movers left, I had to make a run to the utility office and fill out the registration form. After that, the order to cut my power was canceled.
• I called the gas company also in the morning. Before the call, I went out to the meter to try and find out what company was in charge of my gas. While I was out there, I smelled gas. During the call, I set up my account and also told them about the smell of gas. A guy came out and found a leak and fixed it. The leak was before it reached the meter, so it was a free fix.
• I drove out to the condo… made it there by 7:15 PM. Started packing up the computers and other electronic toys. This packing up took 2.5 hours. Also packed up Spar the Kat.
Spar is very happy with the new place. When I opened up the carrier, he exited it with no hesitation. Today I let him roam the yard with me escorting. Still don’t know if this is a cat friendly neighborhood. It should be.
I did a run around the neighborhood this past afternoon. Here is the GPS track of that run.